TCPIP stacks for Coldfire
Bob Furber
2009-10-09 23:15:30 UTC
Can anyone make any recommendations on TCPIP stacks for the Coldfire and
the MCF5282 in particular?

We have been using OpenTCP with mixed results. The biggest problem with
OpenTCP is there is no user mailing list or forum to discuss issues.

I understand there is a lwIP port to the Coldfire and there may be
others, too.

Thanks,

Bob Furber

---
***@wildrice.com Send a post to the list.
coldfire-***@wildrice.com Join the list.
coldfire-***@wildrice.com Join the list in digest mode.
coldfire-***@wildrice.com Leave the list.
Nicolas Pinault
2009-10-12 06:19:33 UTC
Hi Bob,

I use lwip with success.
There is also µC/TCP-IP from micrium (not tested).

Regards,
Nicolas
Sam Saprunoff
2009-10-12 16:53:37 UTC
Good day All,

I have been looking at a new hardware design that requires Ethernet and
an LCD interface (TFT and ideally with an on-board LCD controller) and
so I had originally thought that the MCF5329 would be a nice choice.
The 5329 would allow us to reuse some of our Coldfire code and the
processor would allow a migration path to uCLinux, etc in the future.
As this project now moves forward and I spend more time looking at
various development options, I am seeing very little (stocked) 3rd party
development boards that utilize the 5329. For example dev boards from
LogicPD (FireEngine, etc) do not seem to be stocked anywhere and the
Cobra5329 do not seem to be overly well marketed.

That being said, I was curious if others are seeing this too, or am I
just not very good at finding items on the net? Further, is there maybe
a subtle push from Freescale to migrate to the iMX series... for LCD,
Ethernet, and Linux applications?

Thanks to all for all your comments!

Cheers,

Sam
---
Bystrianyk, Roman
2009-10-13 14:06:36 UTC
Good day.

We very successfully put together a project based on the 5329.
Excellent processor! We used (and are using) the MQX OS along with the
PEG windowing system with great results. I can't say the current
availability of hardware development boards - as I recall we used
LogicPD to start with before we had our boards. The nice thing about
the PEG Window system you can do a large part of your software
(especially the UI) on a standard PC long before you have any hardware.
Feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk about it.
***@casmed.com.

Enjoy your day!
Roman

[...]

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential
and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s)
only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the
contents or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it
is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

---